Wednesday, June 28, 2017

30 Days of Pride: An open letter

Day 28 - Write a letter to someone. It can be a coming out letter or a letter regarding how you hate their homophobia or whatnot. You don’t have to send it.

Dear Mom,
You know all this now, so I guess this is mostly to get it off my chest. You hated lesbians all my life. That's why I never told you I was. I think you might have guessed, between Debbie and Lisi and others. But Mudd gave you plausible deniability, so we never talked.

The closest we came was when Olivia was out as bisexual on her FB. You said she was too young to know. I asked when you knew you wanted to kiss boys. You said 9-10. I said she wanted to kiss girls and boys in the same way, and that 12 was not too young to know this.

I guess the news that I'm a guy might surprise you. Or maybe not. I tried to be a girl. i tried to be ladylike. I never could. It was always an act.

But you know all this. Because the dead know and see all. I saw Michael come for you, that night in the hospital and I sent you from love into love. And I hope you still love me, even though I will never be the dainty, feminine, pretty Angelia Marie you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment