Monday, June 19, 2017

30 Days of Pride: Day 19

Butch or Femme?

For years, I've said my gender is "Butch Earth Mother." To me that means tall, strong, cropped hair and sensible clothes. Occasionally a flowy skirt or billowy blouse, especially in summer. A ruffle here and there, but in the main, sensible, with sturdy shoes.

Even as I decide what kind of man I am, the answer is coming back a distinctly masculine one. I may be a bottom but nothing says I have to be effeminate or a sissy. I'm suits and ties, polos and chinos, and never a flouncy skirt or the "boi in a dress" routine. Maybe guyliner. Maybe. It means short hair, minimal jewelry. Very white, middle class man, without any outrageous outlaw elements.

Even my scent preference has changed, to a degree. I always liked BPAL's masculine scents: The Bow and Crown of Conquest, Caliban, Wulric, Old Scratch (lavender fougere, David's signature) and Highwayman (my signature: leather and rose and smoke). But it means no more wearing Black Lily (gorgeous lilies) or Athens (Wine and honey and myrrh, very mature female)

No comments:

Post a Comment