Sunday, May 3, 2020

Today was a bad day

I awoke to a phone call from the Irving TX police.

My oldest had become Report # 20-9106, missing white female, 28


She was on her way back to California from New Orleans and had stopped over with a friend in Texas. He went to bed last night, she was still up playing video games.

He got up to find her clothes there, her car gone and the map to a bridge on his computer.
Her fiance got an "I'm sorry. Please be well. I hope you will be happy." text at about 7 AM central.

It has been...a difficult day.

She finally called her fiance about 6:30 this evening. She's in the ER at a Dallas hospital, sprained ankle, not talking about her morning, and awaiting transport to a mental health facility.

This isn't our first time at this particular rodeo, but it never gets any easier.


I have made grateful thanks to all who helped get her back. I have erased the contingency plans, including her obit. I am hoping she can find the help she neeeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment