Wednesday, May 20, 2020

30 Days of Witchcraft catch up post: Nightscape, Altar'd state and worship

I got behind this week. My head still hurts a lot from being sick.

Nightscape:
The night sky has always called me. One of my first complete sentences came from seeing the Moon landing (at 18 months) and was "Anhe want go moom." (Angie wants to go to the moon).

By the age of 7, I knew a lot of constellations, by 10 I could read a sky chart and follow the ways they moved. And always was the dream of flying among them. That ended because of higher maths I couldn't manage

But now, I watch for planets. I sing up the sun and the moon. I  follow Orion and Scorpio as their duel their way across the dome.  I worship by moon phases and plant by them too. (beans go in Sunday)

Researching a new form of divination was one of my assignments this week. I learned about Scrying. I haven't tried it because I'm still sick. And a good friend advised me to have someone else along because I am highly sensitive to the other side and don't need to get lost. She also strongly suggested I not go looking for the Akashic Records the first time out.

The idea of the Akashic Record fascinates me. A complete record of all human thoughts, words and actions. It's like having access to the Library of Astinus on Krynn or the Library of the Great Race of Yith, both ideas I love. But trying to get there the first time is like the guy in boxer shorts with a guitar on his back stopping chasing the squirrel to go tackle a grizzley.

Altar'd States:

This is my altar.
The tarot cards have been moved to a bookshelf.
Left to right:
Ancestor section: statue from Mom, Mom's teeth, dragon pendant from Mama Dragon, Little Brown Church in the Vale bank from my grandma, Galadriel, Han Solo (bracelet around him that says Free Spirit), glass winged unicorn
.
Glass cat, because Freyja and Bast are welcome here

Medusa

Hera, flanked by peacock balls, in front of a peacock feather painted by Ollie Sparrow, with a cauldron of brooms at her feet.

My spell section:
White candle, candlestick with Horned God pendant and pentacle, 6 tarot decks with crystals, corn dolly, chalice with trans mojo bag (from Billy Martin), bowl with wand and St Michael oil, St. Michael Archangel candle, incense, cauldron with Matala seed, and screamer and Love mojo bag (from Kiwi Carlisle), pentacle plaque (from Gabriel Rodgers) and a screamer in a Frolicon shotglass.

A Crow for the Morrigan
4 nice rocks
A small sea shell for Aphrodite
A record turned art from the gay youth group.
A Hermes shrine with bunnies, draped in luck and gay pride beads, with coin offerings
6 owls
A bronze Athena

I have, of late, been considering moving Medusa and Athena closer together. Shift everything to the right, and put Hermes on the end, and Hera more in the middle where she belongs as Queen.
(The poppies were painted by my other grandmother)


Learn about a plant.
Yarrow has been popping up a lot lately, just...everywhere. In media, on pinterest.
Achillea Millefoillum. Achilles's plant of the thousand leaves. Legend has it that when Achilles was wounded during the siege of Troy, Aphrodite herself healed him with Yarrow.

It's been used to stop blood flow from ancient times, getting it the name woundwort and nosebleed plant. It grows throughout Asia, Europe and North America and has been introduced into Australia.
It's a plant with lots of white flowers and feather like leaves that spiral up the stem.

In addition to topical use, it is taken internally for gas and diarrhea. It is, however, only listed as Likely Safe, so use a lot of caution.

It has a long history of use as medicine and in love spells (because of the Aphrodite connection)
An ounce of Yarrow sewed up in flannel and placed under the pillow before going to bed, having repeated the following words, brought a vision of the future husband or wife:
'Thou pretty herb of Venus' tree,
Thy true name it is Yarrow;
Now who my bosom friend must be,
Pray tell thou me to-morrow.'
---(Halliwell's Popular Rhymes, etc.)

It can attract love, draw in distant people, serve as protection against negative people,  It can be combined with mint and chamomile for a cleansing and restoring incense.


Worship:
Worship has been a thing my entire life. Every Sunday morning (unless I was throwing-up sick) was spent in uncomfortable clothing (wrestling with tights and later panty hose) and bored silly.
It took a long time to understand more about worship than just singing songs and praying and listening to someone drone on during a warm summer morning.

Worship is the food of the gods. It is their life. A god without worshipers dies. It doesn't have to be hours of bored and elaborate classical hymns.
 I sing of golden-throned Hera whom Rhea bare. Queen of the immortals is she, surpassing all in beauty: she is the sister and the wife of loud-thundering Zeus, -- the glorious one whom all the blessed throughout high Olympus reverence and honour even as Zeus who delights in thunder.

It can be a morning greeting, a small prayer to each, an offering if one has been located. A weekly dusting as you talk to each god the items represent. (Wednesday is my dusting day)  Now, it's a time to chat with people who love me, to tell them how things are going here, to wish them well and thank them for the good.

A new to me form of magic:

Since I'm a fiber artist, cord and knot magic intrigue me. I made my daughter's boyfriend a knitted wool hat with seven braids of seven turns, and felted it to make it water resistant. It was to keep him safe as he traveled on his trucking.

Knot spells are often used for protection or to manifest something. But they can also be used for hexes. The caster ties their intent and power up in the knot, creating the spell. It store the power until it's needed

The pattern of tying the knots is as follows:
1--6--4--7--3--8--5--9--2

Cords are traditionally 9 feet or 9 inches long and of a color correspondence appropriate to the spell:
Red: strength, health, love, energy, passion
Orange: Adaptability, business goals
Yellow: Intelligence, memory, confidence
Green: luck, money, prosperity
Blue: Tranquility, patience, wisdom
Violet: psychic ability, spiritual growth, power
Black: Protection, binding, repelling negativity
White: purity, higher self (also can sub for any color)



For binding things: 3 or 9 knots are best used. The object to be bound is visualized and power poured into the cord. To seal the spell, it can be burned so the knots can never be untied.

For manifesting, it's best done on the new moon and the knots released over days until the full moon.

For a hex
You will need a piece of thick string or yarn about 9 or 10 inches long. You will tie 3 separate knots a couple inches apart as you recite the following while tying each knot.

"With this knot I seal this hex
you will not sleep, you will not rest
Knots of anger, knots of hate
Discord brings you to your fate

This knot makes two
Bringing darkness over you
Slander, discord, evil too
Bringing darkness straight to you

With this third knot, I do bind
Weaving chaos in your mind
Hex of anger, hex of hate
Bring them down, I will not wait"

So it be now made manifest! As you do this spell be thinking of all the chaos that it is going to bring to your enemy and make sure you are worked up into a rage before doing the spell. This will make it all the more effective. When you are done see if you can hide this string (with the knots now tied) around your enemies home, this will make it more potent. If not then save it in a special place until you decide to untie the knots and give your enemy a second chance.

For more ways to use or make knots:

https://thetravelingwitch.com/blog/2018/8/26/11-unusual-ways-to-use-cords-knots-in-your-magic

No comments:

Post a Comment