Friday, May 22, 2020

30 Days of Witchcraft: Sigil craft

I love sigil work. Like wards, this is an area where I really excel.

A Sigil is just a symbol you create to store energy in, that brings about the desired end.
It's the barest essence of witchcraft for me. I state my intention in the most precise way possible. I focus on it like a mantra. I make the sigil from the letters themselves. And then I execute it.

It's a series of simple steps. The first, always, is most important.
Craft a statement of desire.
You can't just say "I need a job." It will work but you will get offers on any job and not necessarily the one you want.
A better statement is I have a job that uses my skills and talents, provides enough money to pay my bills with an ample cushion for savings, and is legitimate and useful.

It's long, but you want to cover all the things you want in a job.

Once you have your Statement completed, and this can take days or even weeks, make the sigil.

Write out the Statement. I write two thousand words a day.
Write it again with no vowels. WRTTWTHSNDWRDSDY
Write it again, with no duplicate letters: WRTHSNDY
Now, arrange those letters into a design. Simplify, cut away lines that don't look as if they belong. Keep working on this as long as you need to.
Draw and redraw until you are satisfied.

This is one I did some time ago:


It started as letters and morphed into a symbol.

Concentrate on your desire as you draw.

But, as with all magic, you have to not only know your will but do it. You can make your sigil but you must also job hunt. The energy you put into the sigil will guide the job to you, but you must look.

To loosely paraphrase Stephen King, You can't play hide and seek with your muse. You have to be there looking for it so it can find you.

Method taken from here: https://lonerwolf.com/sigil-magic/



The second part of the post is about crafting an item for worship or your altar. My altar is pretty full right now. So here's a couple pics of things I've made instead.
 

I like grapevine pentacle wreathes a lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment