Thursday, November 16, 2017

First Book in 4 years

So in 2014, I gave birth to three ugly babies. For the really geeky, I birthed three later Remillards. Terror of the Frozen North (Madeline) was a sex obsessed mess that should be brilliant. It's been rewritten 4 times and is approaching its potential.
The Sweet Science (Jon) needed to be completely taken apart and redone. I think we're getting there.
But Wild Hunt (Luc) was supposed to be much more than it was.

We finally finished therapy and rewrites, and Wild Hunt is ready.



Blurb: 
When the Preternatural and Magical Squadron dumps an ugly batch of child serial murders into her lap, DJ Admire has a few weeks to find the killer before the next victims are found dead in their own little beds, with all the flesh missing from hip to thigh.

On the Nightside of Memphis, few things are as they seem and even allies have their own agendas. And DJ has no magic, just a Desert Eagle and an ongoing romance with Captain Morgan and Admiral Nelson. Those are probably not enough when she finds she has to tangle with the Fae.

Excerpt:
I settled back for another drink and started explaining the case to the empty chair across from me. It was my best thinking technique.

Except that today, the chair wasn't empty. I hadn't even heard Jinx come in. My cousin, the mortal nuisance, sat there, drinking in my every word. Since he was listening, and not interrupting my train of thought with his asinine questions, I kept talking.

“Wowzer, Deej. You got a bad one this time.”

“Thank you, Captain Obvious.” I was half-drunk, and grouchy because even though I had laid it all out, I was no nearer a solution.

“There are a lot of stories about mortals challenging Fae, even up to Queen Mabh herself, and demanding a favor if they win,” he suggested.

That was absurd, utterly ridiculous. I had no shapeshifting powers, no musical skill, no nothing. And I couldn't beat a Fae in a drinking contest.

“All right, Jinx, what brings you here?”

“Do you know you can't hire a hitman with a personal check?”

No comments:

Post a Comment