Monday, November 6, 2017

Asking for help and hating to do so

We find ourselves in a tight spot. It's not as bad as last year, but we've a lot piling up all at once. I don't ask to just be given money, I do offer items in return.

1) My daughter's wheelchair needs replacing. It was about third-hand when we got it and the brakes have gone bad. It's heavy and awkward to maneuver. She has Reynaud's syndrome and doesn't walk between October and April because of the pain. Estimated cost, $175 (with tax)

2) My son got his driver's license. Unfortunately with that comes insurance. Since we pay 6 months at a time, he's going to cost us $800 to get mobile. He's job hunting to cover this, but it's a slow process.

3) My bed is eating me. The springs are through the mattress and I am getting cut up in the night. It's also too low for me to get out of with my arthritis. I can sleep in another bedroom, but I prefer to sleep with my husband. The box springs are fine. So a bed frame of the right height and a mattress can be had for about $500 (again, with tax)

We're working on raising $1400, which has no actual deadline (although sooner is better). We have $100 of it.

How you can help:
I have an Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCarpentersWyfe
I'm not taking large commissions (Dr Who scarf, afghans above infant size) for Christmas delivery. (that's where the $100 comes from)
But hats, hoods, soap, footies and arm warmers are all welcome.
I also do custom bath baskets, email for details.
 

 



I have a Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/NickRowan
I'm a writer. My first book in 4 years is coming at Patreon on Nov 17. The $1 subscribers get the short stories in that universe. The $5 subscribers get the book. If you like Urban Fantasy, this is the place to be.

I have a backlist: http://brooksandsparrow.com/
I can send you .pdf format of most of these (GRITS, Dragons Composed and Dreams of Steam are not available) for $2 for novels and 50c for short stories.
Send the money by paypal, with a list of what you want.

 

 





My paypal is valarltd at yahoo.com

Thank you for your assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment