Thursday, July 12, 2018

[Pagan] [Family] [Trans] Adventures of ALL sorts

Three AM phone calls suck. Pretty universally.
I hadn't had one since December of 14, when my sister called to let me know Mom had finally let go.
I got one yesterday from a stranded child.

My oldest, Obi-Wan Chrisobi, was visiting folks this summer. He went to KC and saw my dad, went to Chicago and saw a friend, and went to Columbus and spent a couple days with Mudd and his father. (Mudd is in Ohio, taking care of his dad while Sandy is in Montana.)

And late Tuesday evening, he started for Memphis to see his sibs before he went home. He didn't quite make Elizabethtown KY when the transmission on his Chevy Spark gave out. So, at 3 AM, I got up (after 2 hrs of sleep), made U-haul reservations in Nashville, loaded Jon in the car and went.  Jonner drove part of the way to Nashville, his first night highway driving.

Why Nashville? Because I didn't know exactly where in Kentucky he was stranded, with no town nearby. It made sense. Until he got a tow in Elizabethtown. Had I been thinking, I would have canceled the Nashville U-haul and gotten one in E-town. I wasn't. And I know Nashville a little, and E-town not at all.

So we got the trailer, and rattled and clanked and jounced 150 miles more.
The boys loaded the car and we got some food at WalMart and headed back home.
It was a long 350 miles.

But we got to Memphis about 7, and dropped the Spark at the Chevy dealership. We went home and I returned the U-haul today.

***

In other news, I may be due for an Eldering. I did not want a croning because I was not yet in menopause. Now I appear to be.

In June of 1980, my period made its first appearance. Thus began a monthly descent into hell.
I spent most of the 90s pregnant or nursing, and my cycle was suppressed.
This June, I spotted for two days.
This month, the full moon is past and the new has come and gone. I always cycle between them.
Nothing.

***

Have also been thinking about the transition. Right now, I'm still hanging out in genderqueer space, and feeling fine about it. Part of me wants desperately to be a tattooed, motor-cycle riding, diesel-driving, badass grandma. Part of me is still "I'm Han fucking Solo and what are you gonna do about it?" These parts are not mutually exclusive.

So for now, I stay in the mushy middle of genderqueer and bisexuality.

***

Also, if you got a LinkedIn request from my deadname, I'm sorry. i hit the wrong button. i have not been hacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment