Monday, December 24, 2018

2018 recap

So what did you do this year, Nicky?

I found a re-issue publisher for my roaring 20s stuff.

I finished Master Anton.
I re-edited Glad Hands
I wrote 6 short stories
I kept up with my patreon. Ish. I missed a couple months on new stories.
Unseen stories published this year:
Wishing away (flower fairies)
A gift of scars (8 thrones)
A fools Taj Mahal (horror)
Neighbors (horror)
Fannish Activity (erotica)
Under the Skirts of Sherwood (Robin hood)
Rock the Casbah (Edward and Charlie)
Growth in a Desolate Season (fantasy)
The Construct Job (fanfic)
Step Into the Circle: Winter (children's)

I also recapped 11 Smallville episodes

I continued going to the gym.
I started a daily spiritual practice.
I was called by the Morrigan.
I went through rehab and can now drive a truck without my 2012 error hanging over me

I read 36 books. Stone Butch Blues and The Art of Manliness were two of the most important. World War Z was brilliant. And Moonlight Sonata amazed me on every level.

I saw 51 movies, 15 of them new. I saw a lot I hadn't seen in decades. The Black Hole and The Dark half sort of hold up. The Seventh Seal still works. Excalibur is a mess. Mamma Mia is one of the most pagan things I've ever seen on screen.

I made a lot of things.
I learned about tie-dye and using a planner.
I learned a lot about Disney.
I worked a lot.
I failed to get a job as a truck driver. Three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment