Sunday, December 2, 2018

December already and my wishlist

So here it is, December second.
I made no posts during November. Not even about being subjected to torture for a week. A high, inescapable continuous sound is classified by the UN as torture. My bus was in the shop and the replacement had a constant low-air alarm. I've been working 7 day weeks, and will until January.

I'm behind on everything, including crafting. I have hard deadlines and am working on a lovey, a c2c afghan and a scarf. After the c2c is done, a cocoon shawl and a hat round out that order.

The gamers call it grinding. It's when you do small, tedious tasks over and over to advance a skill.
It's the embodiment of the Eight of Pentacles.

And I'm grinding.
Money is the worst it's been in a while.

The Disney Trip is a dream that sustains me. It gave me a place to escape the Torturebus. It gives me hope I can do things I want to and make things better. And it is, on the face of it, ridiculous. There are so many other things I could use $3000 to do. So so many places it would make a difference.

On Livejournal, we used to wishlists on this group. We would list some things: physical, virtual or otherwise, that we really wanted. Other members of the group would fill the desires they could.

My wishlist:

A trucking company that is willing to retrain me and put me on a dedicated.
More patrons for Patreon
A job for my younger son, who has minimal skills
New shoes. Mine are starting to wear.
Space heaters with low electrical draw and high output. It's going to be a cold winter and our bedroom one is defunct

There is literally nothing wrong with my life that 250,000 wouldn't fix. (That's the amount that will pay ALL our debt: house, cars, medical and student loans. Our consumer debt is about $100.)


But all told, I am thankful for what I have.
My house is still standing, even if 60% of it doesn't work
My oldest is self supporting
My older son survived the Army (barely, medical discharge after being hit by a crane) and is starting school next semester.
My younger son is in school for IT and doing well.
My youngest daughter is an honor student.
I have a job I love and pays all right (not great, but all right)
I have my husbands. Both of them.
My father is still with us, still well and leading an active senior life.
My sisters are doing solidly.
My cats love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment