Friday, October 30, 2020

A Disquieting thought

 I had an interesting convo with my sister. She suggested a cause for my physical stuff I hadn't thought of: MS

So I googled symptoms:

fatigue- I have been exhausted for at least 15 years.

vision problems - I'm legally blind, but don't have the pain or the double vision

numbness and tingling - I have two toes that feel perpetually asleep. I woke up today with 2 fingers that were pins and needles

muscle spasms, stiffness and weakness- yes, yes and yes. If I stay in one place too long I get muscle spasms. I also have restless leg. if I don't constantly work out, I lose muscle tone very quickly and start having trouble getting out of my chair.

mobility problems- I've always had clumsiness and ataxia, they're a function of Levy-Roussy. tremors and vertigo are starting, but not frequent. I have trouble balancing immediately after I stand up. I have been falling more and more frequently.

pain- I have the joint pain as a function of arthritis.

problems with thinking, learning and planning - I've been feeling a lot stupider lately. Learning new things is hard and I don't retain them well. I am slower to process information. And I lose words all the time. Sudoku takes me forever when I used to blitz through. I have trouble with executive function that I never used to. I would decide what to do and then do it. Now I'm all fuzzy.

depression and anxiety--well yeah

sexual problems - my libido has bottomed out, I figured the dryness was menopause

bladder problems - most of my problems are from prolapse.  But the whole "never seem to empty the bladder entirely" has been bugging me for a couple years now.

bowel problems - I don't have the constipation.

speech and swallowing difficulties - people are having more trouble understanding me and I;m not sure why. I try to enunciate. Every now and then the swallowing thing crops up. 


I'm definitely talking to my neurologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment