Tuesday, April 14, 2020

30 Days of Witchcraft: Out of the Book

This prompt is interesting to me. Does it mean what you have taken from books? Does it mean what you have come up with without books?

I am a mostly feral witch. I'm a mostly feral everything: kinkster, drag king, witch.
As a feral, I put together a lot of my own stuff, taking what works and ignoring what doesn't.
I've read a lot of books, good, bad, useless and useful.

Here is the primary bit of out-of-the-book wisdom I have:
Headology.

A psychiatrist will tell you there are no monsters.
A headologist gives you a bat and a chair to stand on.

There's a lot to unpack in that.
1) You have to meet people where they are, not where you want them to be.
The story is told of a young mental patient who locked himself in the bathroom claiming God was angry at him. People argued and persuaded to no avail. The night nurse came on to find this situation. She wrote a note and slipped it under the door. The young man came out, all smiles.  the note read "I'm not angry with you. I love you. --God."

2) You cannot discount their experiences.

3) You have to offer solutions based on their experiences, not yours.
My mother's best friend was having a hard time when Mom died. Her mother told her it was a sin to cry when someone died, because you're just being selfish. I asked her "What's the shortest verse in the Bible?" She said "Jesus wept." I said "Do you know why? It's from the story of Lazarus. They brought Jesus word on the road that Lazarus had died, and Jesus wept. He knew he would be raising Lazarus but he still cried. If Jesus can cry for his friend, you can cry for Mom."  She felt much better.

 Most witchcraft is headology. You must know your will, know what is real, know the outcome and act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment