Saturday, May 18, 2019

End of an Era

Next August, for the first time in 12 years, there will be no Sparrow at the High School.

Bun graduated in 2010
Obi in 2013
Jon in 2016
And Oli-Chan last night.



My kids are all out of high school. It's been a long 28 years since I started Project Parent.
Now, it moves into the Advisory phase instead of the Active phase.

Project Grandparent has begun.


Jonner, Oli, Gabriel, Megan and Obi, with my grandson, Hunter Blackowl. He's Kiowa. His mom is Caddo. His little brother (Chris' son) is due in early November.

Hunter isn't sure about grandparents. He looked at Obi, looked at Jonner, announced "Sparrow!"--which is what he calls Obi--and glomped Jonner. He has been Uncle Jon's bestest buddy all weekend. He dapped Gabriel.
Me? I got a goodbye wave and felt accomplished. He's sweet, smart, opinionated, and very very patient with the grownups. He was also very tired when we said goodbye, and was probably asleep before they got to the hotel.

We're going down to see them for Thanksgiving, since Mama will be in no shape to drive 9 hours. My dad and I figure we'll manage the meal and all for her.

I have a grandson! And he's a doll. Can't wait to meet his mama and little brother at Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment