Thursday, January 18, 2018

We're 18 days in and everything is changing

On January 4th, my grandmother's birthday, I went for a job interview.

On Monday, I get behind the wheel of a rig for the first time in 5 years. I gave my 2 weeks at both jobs. Tomorrow is my last day on the schoolbus. Saturday is my last day at Michael's, which has been quite good to me for the last 27 months.

I'm scared and excited and have a batch of loose ends to tie up.
I have to cancel my gym membership.
I might have my last cashew chicken from New China for lunch.
I'll have to do all my laundry and get everything ready to go on Sunday.

Many things will be changing. But the road has changed since I was out there a decade ago.
I have more tech at my command and should be in better shape.

I worry about my folks at home, but they'll find a way to get by.

Tomorrow is my last 430 wake up for the schoolbus.
It's been a great ride, and I'm off an adventure now.


No comments:

Post a Comment